Hedge Fund Operation Manager/Associate
What you will do:
● Facilitate the settlement of all trades with counterparties through daily trade confirmation and break resolution.
● To work together with investment team and other control function departments to set up onshore or offshore private funds or hedge funds.
● In charge of operations affairs, including, but not limited to, KYC/AML, subscription, redemption, settlement, valuation, distribution, taxation etc.
● To coordinate related service providers, such as fund administrator, custodian, broker, bank, tax advisor, legal and compliance counsel, to make sure the operations process works well.
● Calculation of daily net asset value(“NAV”) and monthly reconciliation.
● Responsible for annual audit and FAR issue of products/funds.
● To perform post-compliance investment checking.
● To provide business requirements and participate in UAT for any new system enhancement.
● Ensure the fund operation in compliance with all SFC applicable regulations.
● Handle ad hoc assignments and projects.
Qualities to make great candidates:
● Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of operations experience in the financial industry.
● Operations experience at a hedge fund, broker or fund administrator with exposure swap products is beneficial.
● General knowledge of and familiarity with financial instruments (i.e.: Equities, fixed income, options, swaps, futures, foreign exchange).
● Familiar with the SFC asset management rules and regulations.
● Solid knowledge of fund operation, valuation, accounting, and securities settlement.
● Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese.
● A good team player, self-motivated, detailed oriented and able to work under independently under pressure.
● Proficient in PC applications including Excel and Word processing.
● Knowledge of settlements processes of listed securities for equities and derivatives.
● Experience of working with technology team for operations system development is a plus.
● Candidate with less experience will be considered for a junior level position.
Senior candidate with HK SFC type 9 and type 4 sole RO licenses will be considered for
the Head of Operation and Compliance Officer role.
Copyright © 2021 Pandtong Quantitative Research Limited. All Rights Reserved.